Monday, September 25, 2006

Operation Taz ver. 0.1.

Day One of Operation Taz had me all the butterflies in my stomach. Can I make it? Maybe I won't. We started the day at an early 9am and got down the reshuffling of gear and packing and re-packing. Trust me, it takes alot of energy to squash everything down to size and then into the bag again. We committed the trip to God and off we were!

Not that I have something bad to say about Jetstar, but really, the take off was scary. Well, I guess it could have been the turbulance or something like that, but, really! I held on to my armrests till my knuckles turned white! I spent the better part of the flight sleeping and lo and behold, when I woke up, we were about the land in the very small Launceston airport. I walked into the terminal expecting to find some conveyor belts on which our packs should magically appear, but no, they had a trailer pulling lots of bagguage into a round concrete area and everyone just dashes for their bags. Well, finding my bag was quite an experience. Thank God for bright colours!

Well, Launceston saw us checking into our backpackers with dodgy doors [if you really want to know, ask me.] and then walking around. Buying extra gear, chocolates, and more chocolates. The town is really quaint. I totally fell in love with this teddy bear shop. Of course, our tummy's were growling, and so began the protein pileup. After buying stuff from ChickenFeed which is like their Bi-Lo or something, we took our sorta preparation walk to see the suspension bridge and veryvery lovely evening. It's so different from being in the city really. For once, being quiet was all that mattered. Each blade of grass responds to the ray of light that falls on it. How beautiful, how peaceful, how serene. Well, that's just the start of nature really. More to come, so much more.

We headed for the Irish Pub [yes! I'm 18!] and had such lovely porterhouse steaks with mushroom sauce for 10bucks! Beat that! Shamrocks had such wonderful Apple Crumble [Jingyi!] and oh... I have to stop talking about this now, I really am drooling. Just know that it was complete bliss. Ahh. Yumm. One thing good about going on hikes, is that you never have to feel guilty about eating too much cos you're gonna burn it all away. Hurhur.

For today, before I'm over and out, music doesn't have to come from an MP3 player, or a voice. It's sometimes really just peacefulness and being still that you hear the most.
And it comes from the heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger s.u.l.i.n.g said...

yay! glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home