Thursday, October 19, 2006

Stories for another day.

Just recently, since it is coming to the end of the year, and I'll be moving on to year two [oh the horrors!] I was just thinking the other day. Where are all of us going to be in five years time? Okay. Make that like, seven. Will we still be friends? Here or in Singapore? Malaysia or the Coast? Married? Kids?

I'd like to think that I would be somewhere in the middle of earning my first million. Or at least somewhat establishing my career. Going to work in a nice car [not a chillipadi one okay!], wearing jeans and teeshirts and looking cool, listening to keeping up with lastest things. Walking into Coffee Bean to get the morning does and then walking into a nice colourful office filled with photos and drawings.

Reality check: That's not going to happen anytime soon. But ohwell. I can work for that hey?

As in yesterdays film, part of being a human is change. To keep up with times, change. To make a difference, change. To believe, change. To learn, change.

We've all finished with the college chapter of our lives, and then comes the uni part which I'm still in. Then comes to HUGE one, working. Big transitions. Bigger decisions.

Biggest God. I am amazed to realise that in all these, there will still be Him.

It's not going to be an easy seven years, I know that. Even ten years. It's not going to be easy. But with You, I can make it.

I can't wait to see what's in store.
Maybe they are just stories for another day.

Reality check: Again. Yes. Back to work. Gah.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

babe!
adora here :)
remember me? from mg choir :)
found you from some links. how the internet works wonders nowadays.

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?
its a pity we didn't get to keep in contact after we all left mg. but i still do miss you and the times (that were good haha) in mg :)

hope your studies and all are fine. really uplifted just reading about how close your walk is with Him :) i'm blessed by your sharing. PRESS ON dear :)

will be keeping you in prayer.

PS, do keep in contact k?

much love, adora

12:46 AM  
Blogger tngying said...

HELLO! OMG! IT'S YOU! I was JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU the other day! OMAN! Yes! The internet is a wonderful place. Btw, is your handphone in Singapore still the same? We need to get together when I get back! (: Hoho, you can email me at tngying@gmail.com okay? Keep in contact keep in contact! Ahh... This is like, high school reunion. Hehe. Btw, all the best for As yes? We'll meet when I get back! I really want to catch up!

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mich! :)
Love your beautiful photos and it's amazing how you can still jot down your inner thoughts and feelings so cogently, in this really public domain. As for me, I've seem to lost that flair in spelling out my feelings. Things change I suppose.

Anyhow! 6 weeks to the end of As, and I can't wait for you to get back.

Ya, I know what you mean, thinking about what's going to happen, 2, 5, 10 years down the road can be rather daunting, but hold on tight to your dreams and aspirations because I believe they're def gonna bring you somewhere! :)

God Bless!

AND HELLO ADORA!! :D

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mich! :)
Love your beautiful photos and it's amazing how you can still jot down your inner thoughts and feelings so cogently, in this really public domain. As for me, I've seem to lost that flair in spelling out my feelings. Things change I suppose.

Anyhow! 6 weeks to the end of As, and I can't wait for you to get back.

Ya, I know what you mean, thinking about what's going to happen, 2, 5, 10 years down the road can be rather daunting, but hold on tight to your dreams and aspirations because I believe they're def gonna bring you somewhere! :)

God Bless!

AND HELLO ADORA!! :D

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY JOYCE :)

PS: all the best for As dear! :) will keep you in prayer

haha glad that we can still remember and contact each other after all this time! :) i'll mail you my current number :)

GOD HAS BEEN SO FAITHFUL!

we serve an absolutely awesome God eh? :)

lets catch up when you come back to sg ok! :) meanwhile do take care and i'll be addin you to my prayer list too! :)

LOVE,
adora*

12:06 AM  
Blogger tngying said...

Helo you two gals!

Ahhh! Yesyes! Email me exam dates and contact numbers and what nots okay? (:

I really wanna catch up with you two! Btw, email me your msn too? I'll like add yah!

Much love,
Mish

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home