Saturday, October 14, 2006

TommyFest.

Yes, that was what it was called, as cheesy as it might sound. When you have five brilliant guitarists [one ukelele actually-Jake!], a double bassist all in Dallas Brookes Convention Centre, what you get is a stringsoundfest really. It was practically insane to have all these talents stand up there all at once and blow your mind away with their fingerpicking techniques! I really could not see their fingers moving across the fretboards really. That's how fast they are.

Sigh, things like that can really put inspiration the wrong way around. Or rather, it comes the wrong way round. Alike to those cliched speeches you hear people make about being inspired by so and so to come thus far, I felt like that tonight. But after the interval, I think it might actually have gotten into me that maybe I'm not cut out to be one of those crazy guitarists. I have small hands, short fingers, very little mental power and determination. Hmmm, put all those things together and you get, me.

I guess things like that can really turn around.

Like how by the end of the night, I am inspired, not by people, well yeah, partially, but most of all, by God. Just thinking at how one day He will use me for His own higher purpose has motivation within itself.

Well, I am learning to be inspired by His grace everyday.

P.S. Everyone, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get Day Three of Operation Taz up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home